Get our latest book recommendations, author news, and competitions right to your inbox.
The Homework Machine
Table of Contents
About The Book
Doing homework becomes a thing of the past!
Meet the D Squad, a foursome of fifth graders at the Grand Canyon School made up of a geek, a class clown, a teacher's pet, and a slacker. They are bound together by one very big secret: the homework machine. Because the machine, code-named Belch, is doing their homework for them, they start spending a lot of time together, attracting a lot of attention. And attention is exactly what you don't want when you are keeping a secret.
Before long, things start to get out of control, and Belch becomes much more powerful than they ever imagined. Now the kids are in a race against their own creation, and the loser could end up in jail...or worse!
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (February 24, 2015)
- Length: 176 pages
- ISBN13: 9780689876790
- Ages: 8 - 12
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- ILA/CBC Children's Choices
- Maud Hart Lovelace Award Nominee (MN)
- Booklist Editors' Choice
- South Carolina Picture Book Award Nominee
- Iowa Children's Choice Award Nominee
- Young Hoosier Book Award Nominee (IN)
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award Nominee (WY)
- Chicago Public Library's Best of the Best
- Nutmeg Book Award Nominee (CT)
- Colorado Children's Book Award Master List
- Child Magazine's Guide to Top Books, Videos and Software of the Year
- Pacific Northwest Young Reader's Choice Award Master List
- Volunteer State Book Award Nominee (TN)
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award List
- Prairie Pasque Award Nominee (SD)
- Land of Enchantment RoadRunner Award Nominee (NM)
- Nene Award Nominee (HI)
- Sunshine State Young Readers' Award List (FL)
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award Nominee
- Golden Sower Award (NE)
- Sasquatch Book Award Nominee (WA)
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): The Homework Machine
Trade Paperback 9780689876790(2.4 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Dan Gutman
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.